Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 5 van 5

Discussie: Walraven W-5

Standaard Walraven W-5

Ik heb vernomen dat in Hugo Hooftman's Zeldzame Vliegtuigfoto's-part 2 (La Riviere&Voorhoeve.The Netherlands.1968) een afbeelding van de Walraavn W-5 is.
    Kan iemand daar een scan van maken en dat naar mij sturen of op dit forum zetten.

Standaard

Ik zal hem voor u scannen.

Standaard

Uit:
    Hugo Hooftman
    Zeldzame Vliegtuigfoto's
    Rare Aircraft Photographs
    2e serie
    La Riviére & Voorhoeve N.V. Zwolle/Netherlands

Standaard

Fantastic - thanks very much. I have taken the liberty to place the scan, with the appropriate references, on the NEI Aviation Yahoo Group forum.

This discussion started on the Sevret Projects forum as a query on the Walraven W-4 but has since happily escalated into a general Walraven discussion.
    From the scan it is distinguishable that the length was 6.60 m. This allowed me to estimate the wing span as 11.05m. No indication as for the engine and I doubt if Walraven even though about this. My guess is that he designed this to maintain his sanity, rather than with the idea that it would be built as Walraven died in the camp on 6 November 1942. How Hugo Hooftman came to get hold of this drawing would be another very interesting story. Since Hugo Hooftman has gone to that Aviation Historian Academy in the sky quite some years ago, we will probably never know.

Just another example of how the Internet allows us to rediscover history,
    Laatst gewijzigd door Jos Heyman; 30 september 2011 om 03:32 Reden: More data

Standaard

Mooie foto's!

Regels voor berichten