Pagina 1 van 3 1 2 3 LaatsteLaatste
Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 10 van 25

Discussie: De Schelde unknown bomber

Hybrid View

Vorig bericht Vorig bericht   Volgende bericht Volgende bericht
    Weblogartikelen

Standaard De Schelde unknown bomber

Hi,

can anyone ID this De Schelde bomber project ?.

Standaard

Dit project heeft wel heel veel kenmerken van de Pander Postjager. De cockpitbeglazing en de staartvlakken zijn vrijwel identiek van vorm.
    This project has a lot of characteristics of the Pander Postjager. Cockpitglazing and tailplanes are almost the same shape.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Pitot; 26 januari 2013 om 16:17

Standaard

Klopt, Pander was overgenomen door De Schelde. Kan het de S.19 zijn? Heb geen idee hoe die eruit zag.

Edit: blijkbaar had de S.19 twee staartbomen, dus die is het niet.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Marcel; 26 januari 2013 om 16:18

Weblogartikelen

Standaard

Hi,

I suggest it was taken any designation between S.15 to S.18.
    Laatst gewijzigd door hesham; 26 januari 2013 om 17:09

Standaard

Look at the engine cowling: maybe I have to get another pair of eyes, but on that cowling is written De Schelde II. Schelde, "S", II=11 means Schelde S.11. The Dutch LVA want only planes with Rolls Royce Kestrel engines, so this model can be projected between 1933 and 1935. The Schelde S.12 is from March 1935. Nice photographs!!

Weblogartikelen

Standaard

I think you get it LVA-40,

may be that is right.

Standaard

Maybe, if you can publish the same photographs in a bigger format, we can discuss about it. Maybe it is really "II", so the Schelde S.2. And that means that this will be the Pander S.4 Militair variant with other engines. I will have a look in the book about the Pander story, if that could be right.

Kind regards,
    Jan G

Standaard

If we take the Roman numbers on the engine cowlings
    for an indication of the type ,than it should be '2' I think.
    Type 11 in Roman numbers is XI

Standaard

Yes, Roman numbers is indeed S.2, if Arabic, S.11.
    Question is, what kind of type is this? In 1937 the Dutch LVA ordered 36 Fokker G-1. Before the signing of the contract, also De Schelde and Koolhoven where asked to deliver a batch of planes of this cruiser concept. The project of Koolhoven is known, also the different projects of Fokker, but the De Schelde design wasn't known. But I think this will be the De Schelde variant of the Fokker G-1.. See also the Fokker G-1 book, volume 1, pages 257 and on.

Standaard

De twee geplaatste foto's komen ook voor in deel 7 van Hugo Hooftman's "Nederlandse Vliegtuig Encyclopedie" genaamd "Scheldemusch en Scheldemeeuw - Alle vliegtuigen gebouwd door 'De Schelde'" (blz. 112). Daar staat ook nog een derde foto, schuin van achteren.
    Typenummer niet vermeld.
    Er staat nog dat deze foto's dateren van 5 februari 1939 (voor wat het waard is bij Hooftman!).

Ruud.

Regels voor berichten