Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 2 van 2

Discussie: Fokker T8W-M R25 KD+GQ or TD+CL

Standaard Fokker T8W-M R25 KD+GQ or TD+CL

After extensive searches with the National Archieves Kew in England and the Imperial War museum in London and Duxford and the RAF museum Hendon this aircraft stolen by my father and Govert Steen, Wybert Lindeman and Bealearts v Blokland. on 6th May 1941 and flown from Amsterdam to Broadstairs has revealed nothing. It landed at Broadstairs on 6th May 1941 but the RAF did not receive it until the 31st Dec 1942 when it arrived at RAF Felixstowe. Yest again the operational logs for RAF Felixstowe fail to note the arrivel of R25, the first all metal Fokker T8W-M. What is the RAF or Dutch airforce in excile hiding? The Fokker G1 that arrived the previous day with Vos and Leegstra is well documented, yet the T8W is ignored. Rumours say that the aircraft was used on special ops in it's German markings, could this be the reason why there is no information on the machine as this would have been illegal (Geneva convention).
    Has anybody got links with the RNAF Dutch records office and maybe find out what happened to the aircraft. Me and a very good friend of mine, Willem Vredeling (Co auther Fokker G1) are working on a book on the T8W but keep hitting a brick wall.

Standaard

Try the Royal Dutch Navy records, afterall it was an Aircraft on strength with the Dutch navy.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Stony; 23 september 2013 om 19:43 Reden: Type foout

Regels voor berichten