Pagina 2 van 2 EersteEerste 1 2
Weergegeven resultaten: 11 t/m 19 van 19

Discussie: Koolhoven Flying Boat Projects

Weblogartikelen

Standaard

Nice find Hans023.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Hans023 Bekijk bericht
    There was one Koolhoven seaplane (and it looks I have the propeller at home).
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door hesham Bekijk bericht
    Nice find Hans023.
    And so the rumour was created that somewhere in the Netherlands a Propellor from a Koolhoven seaplane has survived.

Hans023 has in the meantime learned that his propellor can only handle 80hp instead of the 500hp from the Koolhoven seaplane

Standaard

a small reminder
    it seems some people stil thing bilding a steel tube hull with a wooden wing was ols and low tec
    the al metal messersmit and spitfire are complex and better

THEY ARE WRONG
    altho the messersmit and the spitfire are faster than taking the Fokker D21 and
    The G1 in its original decine was G1 was just as fast but stronger as a wapons platform and more reliabole

The D21 was not capabole of keeping up on speed on the BF 109
    but it did turn faster
    and it was the only type of fichter that was aprofed to pull 9G in anny way
    both the bf 109 and the spitfire could not
    even new restored spitfires are not alouwed to go beond 6 g in pulling force
    if the pilot dus pull more the whole airframe needs a very ecspensive inspection

after the war private pilots could buy a ww2 warplane fore a smal buc
    and they were juced fore airobatic manouweres
    those pilots soon found out the metal planes were no good juce of that
    they broke apart
    the best airobatic airplanes like the walter exstra are bild with a steel tube frame
    and a wooden wing

wood has a constand stress strength
    and is stronger a pound as aluminium and steel

a metal wing wil get weaker after every time it flexses
    a wooden wing wil not it wil be just as strong in 50 jears of when it was bild
    as long as it dus not rots away

Weblogartikelen

Standaard

Te koop: stokpaardje

Standaard

Hesham: there was another seaplane by Koolhoven, if you can't find it on the sites I can search it for you and send it.

Pim: indeed! Now being puzzled if numbers in front of 80PK were sanded away (like other letters missing), or on what very early -max 80HP- plane the prop was used for (see* big prop dimensions.., I could imagine one needs wide 25,5 cm blades for a seaplane to have most pull power at low speed to get out of the water..). Would you know a Koolhoven expert who can recognize this prop? Thx, Hans

Gewicht 9 kg; spanwijdte 250 cm; 8 gaten rondom gat van rond 6,5 cm; de kern is rond 18 cm en 10 cm dik; bladbreedte max 25,5 cm.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Hans023 Bekijk bericht
    Pim: indeed! Now being puzzled if numbers in front of 80PK were sanded away (like other letters missing), or on what very early -max 80HP- plane the prop was used for (see* big prop dimensions.., I could imagine one needs wide 25,5 cm blades for a seaplane to have most pull power at low speed to get out of the water..). Would you know a Koolhoven expert who can recognize this prop? Thx, Hans
    Big propeller + 80hp = slow turning rotary engine

Clerget 7Z
    Le Rhône 9C
    Thulin A ( licence Le Rhône 9C )
    Gnome Lambda
    Oberursel U.O ( licence Gnome Lambda )

So save to say no Koolhoven propeller

Standaard

Ho ho Pim: I just bought some Koolhoven books and the prop was hanging for more then 70 year above a bar at Nieuwenhoorn, only 25 km's away from Koolhoven plant Maasvlakte: clear evidence it's a Koolhoven prop!
    :-))

Serious: thanks and thanks also in advance for possible more help. I will search about these engines in what planes and behind what props they were used. But given only 80 HP (if correct), I guess it must be planes before 1915-25. The finding of (1 prop in Alkmaar 2 weeks ago and) an identical prop so close to Maasvlakte: still possible a young Koolhoven plane? (K. used some Gnome's)

Standaard

"Only 25 kilometers away is........is clear evidence".

Dit ontgaat het me volledig, en meer.

Standaard

dat heet humor Tracker, daarna het "serious" (maar blijf vragen als onduidelijkheden)

Regels voor berichten