Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 6 van 6

Discussie: KLM Route Batavia-Soerabaja 1948

Standaard KLM Route Batavia-Soerabaja 1948

Hello, my name Sudiro, from Indonesia, i'm aviation enthusiast/aviation historian.

I got these photos from RVD Batavia, about opening route Batavia-Soerabaja in 1948 using Connie PH-TES Soerabaja.

These photos comes with information that Mr. Van Liere opened the route, it said that he was director KLM (maybe KLM Ned Indies ?).

Well, i don't know which is Mr. Van Liere, even his full name, was it the person with glasses or the one with suits, maybe other members here can give me some more info ?Naam: 1.jpg
Bekeken: 911
Grootte: 21,0 KB

Second photos said that Mr. Van Liere was speaking with Hr. Creutsberg. Anybody know him and his full name ?
    Naam: 2.jpg
Bekeken: 983
Grootte: 18,3 KB

Sincerely

Standaard

Hello Sudiro,

Looking in the contemporary newspapers on 'Delpher' I have found the following: on September 24th 1948 the Constellation was baptised 'Soerabaja' on Kemajoran by the acting mayor of Soerabaja mr. C.J.G. Becht, in the presence of the resident (regional civil government) mr. A.M. van Liere and the director of the intercontinental service of the KLM mr. H. Creutzberg and others. A photo similar to your 2nd picture was published in the newspaper 'De Vrije Pers' on the occasion of the baptism stating mr. Creutzberg is talking to mr. Becht.
    I hope this helps.

Bauke

Standaard

Yes, it was on September 24th 1948.

Okay, let me understand clearly....so it was not opening route Batavia-Soerabaja by KLM, just baptized the name for PH-TES ?

"A photo similar to your 2nd picture was published in the newspaper 'De Vrije Pers' on the occasion of the baptism stating mr. Creutzberg is talking to mr. Becht. " <--Confirmation, Mr. Creutzberg was the man in the suits and in the left, right ?

Standaard

Hi Sudiro,
    I can without a doubt confirm the identity of the gentleman in the (civilian) suite as being mr. Hans Creutzberg. He was my father.
    I am looking for any pictures there may be of the KLM head office in then Batavia around 1947/48. Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Jan Willem Creutzberg

Standaard

Oh he was your father.... Nice to know him. Got any stories from him?

Yes, i got some pictures about KLM head office, well actually more about Kemayoran Airport.

Standaard

Oh he was your father.... Nice to know him. Got any stories from him?

Yes, i got some pictures about KLM head office, well actually more about Kemayoran Airport in 1946-1948. Have some from 50s, KLM become KLM-Garuda. But most of photos lies in our National Archive. Must get to them first...and paid

Regels voor berichten