Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 7 van 7

Discussie: The Dutch Naval Air Force Against Japan (2nd Edition)

Standaard The Dutch Naval Air Force Against Japan (2nd Edition)

My new book is still with the publisher but the front cover has been designed and approved. The finished project should be ready for release by late 2022.Naam: Womack_978-1-4766-7888-7.jpg
Bekeken: 302
Grootte: 463,3 KB
    Laatst gewijzigd door Tommy Wo!; 2 april 2022 om 06:53

Standaard

Great cover Tom. PST

Standaard

Hi All...

My new book isn't complete just yet, but it is currently available for pre-order on my publisher's website.

https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/t...-pckAL485BOYFU

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Prudent Staal Bekijk bericht
    Great cover Tom. PST
    Thank you Prudent!

Standaard

Hello Tom Womack.

I have your 2006 book. Can you give me an idea why I should buy the 2nd release?

Greetings from Amsterdam,
    Ruud van Ommeren.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door ruudvanom Bekijk bericht
    Hello Tom Womack.

I have your 2006 book. Can you give me an idea why I should buy the 2nd release?

Greetings from Amsterdam,
    Ruud van Ommeren.
    Hello Ruud!

Thanks for your note. The 2nd edition of my book is approximately 40% longer with much revised, updated and new content. The 1st edition was published in 2006. A great deal of new information has since become available, including operational records for the various GVTs and personal accounts. I have incorporated all this new information to expand the text.

The 1st edition utilized 44 photos, maps and charts. The 2nd edition has 95 photos, maps and charts. I spent $1,000 (US) having all the existing maps recreated / updated to match the look / feel of those in my book, "The Allied Defense of the Malay Barrier, 1941-1942." There are also many new maps and new diagrams that show the locations and layouts of various MLD bases throughout the East Indies. One map showing the MLD on Davao in December 1941 has never before been seen. It was recreated from the diary of a MLD crewman who participated in the attack. And of course, there are many new photos from both government and private family archives.

In total, the manuscript has been expanded by some 44,000 words. In the process, I made a point to expand personal narratives. In the past, the names and ranks of specific crewmen and pilots were not available. In this edition, they are included whenever possible. Personal narratives detailing the loss of the Dornier X-6 at Morokrembangan on February 3, 1942 and the air raid on Lake Tondano on December 26, 1941 are included. The MLD's evacuation from Java in the early days of March 1941 is also covered in detail.

All in all, I am very proud and excited about this new project. I am confident that anyone who previously purchased the 1st edition will be pleasantly surprised and pleased with how it's been updated.

Standaard

Hello Tom.

Thank you for your comment. When it is published I sure will buy it.
    All three of your published books until now are in my collection.
    Good job, thank you for it.

Kind regards,
    Ruud.
    Laatst gewijzigd door ruudvanom; 4 juni 2022 om 11:11

Regels voor berichten