Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 7 van 7

Discussie: NOW AVAILABLE - The Dutch Naval Air Force Against Japan (2nd Edition)

Standaard NOW AVAILABLE - The Dutch Naval Air Force Against Japan (2nd Edition)

As of September 20 my new book, The Dutch Naval Air Force Against Japan: The Defense of the Netherlands East Indies, 1941-1942 (2nd Edition) is officially available. My publisher, McFarland & Company, is currently accepting orders and shipping copies. It should also be available shortly on Amazon.

https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/t...ainst-japan-2/

Standaard

Hello Tom Womack.

I have your 2006 edition. Can you tell me how different the content of the 2nd edition is compared with the first one?

Ruud van Ommeren.

Standaard

Ruud...

The 2nd Edition of my book came out nearly 50% longer with 400 pages vs. 217 pages for the 1st Edition. There is a vast amount of revised, updated and completely new content. In total, I've used 186 primary research documents, operational records, personal records and 19 highly detailed maps to create this new version.

The 1st Edition featured 44 photos, maps and charts. The 2nd Edition has 95 photos, maps and charts. I spent $1,000 (US) having all the existing maps recreated / updated to match the look / feel of those in my book, "The Allied Defense of the Malay Barrier, 1941-1942." There are also many new maps and new diagrams that show the locations and layouts of various MLD bases throughout the East Indies. One map showing the MLD on Davao in December 1941 has never before been seen. It was recreated from the diary of a MLD crewman who participated in the attack. And of course, there are many new photos from both government and private family archives.

A personal narrative detailing the loss of the Dornier X-6 at Morokrembangan on February 3, 1942 has been added. The MLD attack on Davao has also been expanded in much greater length and detail. Personal accounts of the Japanese counter-strike against Lake Tondano on December 26, 1941 are included. The MLD evacuation from all secret bases in Java in the early days of March 1942 is also covered in detail.

I'm confident that anyone with a 1st Edition copy will be pleasantly surprised with how it's been updated. So much new information was added that much of the existing content had to be rewritten. For all practical purposes, it is a brand new book that is much thicker and much more dense. My first thought when I picked up my sample copy was, "Wow this thing is heavy!"

Standaard

Congratulations Mr. Womack with your achievement. I have no doubt I will have a copy of this book in the (near) future.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Bofors Bekijk bericht
    Congratulations Mr. Womack with your achievement. I have no doubt I will have a copy of this book in the (near) future.
    Thank you!

Standaard

Hello Tom Womack.

Nice! This book has to be in my collection, next to your 2016 book of the Malay Barrier in the bookcase.
    I hope it arrives soon in the Dutch (aviation) bookshops, but will still hold the 1st Edition in my collection.

Greetings from Amsterdam,
    Ruud van Ommeren.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door ruudvanom Bekijk bericht
    Hello Tom Womack.

Nice! This book has to be in my collection, next to your 2016 book of the Malay Barrier in the bookcase.
    I hope it arrives soon in the Dutch (aviation) bookshops, but will still hold the 1st Edition in my collection.

Greetings from Amsterdam,
    Ruud van Ommeren.
    Perfect, thank you Ruud! As my dedication page indicates, all royalties from this book will be donated to help fund Alzheimer Disease research, to which, we lost our mother last year.

Regels voor berichten