Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 8 van 8

Discussie: Douglas 8a-3N cockpit

Exclamation Douglas 8a-3N cockpit

A subject and news event that certainly deserves the attention and discussion on this forum, and surprizes me to seem to go by unnoticed.

On the annual UK Newark Air Museum's 'cockpitfest' there was a high profile entry by a gentleman called Jan van Huuksloot from the Netherlands with a composite cockpit of two Douglas 8a-3N remains of aircraft shot down on may 10th.

Mr Huuksloot seems to have recieved high acclaim in the UK for his achievement, and I think it's a historically important artefact for Dutch aviation historians. It would be nice if we could draw mr van Huuksloot towards this forum to share his story here..

Please find a picture below from the Key publishing forum from the following thread..
    http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/sho...t=cockpit+fest

Laatst gewijzigd door Arjan; 12 september 2008 om 15:21

Weblogartikelen

Standaard

Ik heb even op Google gekeken en meer foto's van deze cockpit gevonden:
    Picasa-webalbums - Reint - Douglas Cockp...#

Standaard

I'm totally flabbergasted! This is sooooo nice! I knew that there was a piece of the tail of a Douglas 8a remaining in a museum depot, but this???
    Awesome!

Standaard

Yeah infinite Kudos for those guys!! Unbelievable, a whole new chapter of history opened just like that!!

Standaard

Actually, the bigger issue is the fact that the Dutch were unable to get bombs and even bomb racks for this plane exept for a couple of modified Dutch bombs which would have allowed 1 sortie for the squadron.

Why? Where in the world were the munitions needed harder than for this kind of tactical attack plane during Fall Gelb in 1940? These were the kites that would have had a chance of success against advancing armour, being so much better suited for ann attack role than - say - the Fairey Battle.

If u ask me this plane was a very, very good move by the purcahsing committee and it's a shame they couldn't be used in the intended role.

Standaard

De bommen lagen nog op een schip, ze waren wel besteld maar dus te laat.

Standaard

ik heb nog 2 verhalen over die bommen die waarschijnlijk dan dus niet kloppen, de ontstekers zoduen door bezuinigingen niet zij ngeleverd en de bommen zouden er wel zijn maar lagen ergens anders opgeslagen. maar dat klopt dus niet?

Standaard

Dat zou ook nog eens best kunnen, misschien staat het in het te verschijnen Dutch Profile deeltje over de 8a-3n gaat.