Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 8 van 8

Discussie: Wat is er over/ What is left

Standaard Wat is er over/ What is left

Hoi,

Heeft iemand enig idee wat er ergens in de wereld nog aan vliegtuigen/wrakken over is van de KNIL-ML?
    Ik weet van de resten van de Glenn Martin B-10 in het MLM maar of er nog meer is, geen idee.

Is there anyone who knows if there is somewere in world left of the airraft of the KNIL-ML? I know of the remains of a Glenn Martin B-10 in the militairy aviation museum in the Netherlands, but if there is anything more I have no idea.

Groet,

Mathieu.

Peter Guest

Standaard

Beste Mathieu,
    Het Nationaal Luchtvaart-Themapark Aviodrome op de luchthaven Lelystad heeft in 2003 de restanten gekocht van drie Brewster Bufalo's van ML-KNIL, plus een van de USAAF. Deze restanten worden bewaard voor een toekomstige restauratie/reconstructie.
    Groeten,
    Peter

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Peter Bekijk bericht
    Beste Mathieu,
    Het Nationaal Luchtvaart-Themapark Aviodrome op de luchthaven Lelystad heeft in 2003 de restanten gekocht van drie Brewster Bufalo's van ML-KNIL, plus een van de USAAF. Deze restanten worden bewaard voor een toekomstige restauratie/reconstructie.
    Groeten,
    Peter
    Hoi Peter,

Zijn de identiteit van deze toestellen ook bekend? Ik ben ook erg benieuwd waar deze resten gevonden zijn, was dat Indonesi?, Australi? of America?
    Ik heb hier thuis nog een orginele hoogtemeter zoals gebruikt in de Brewster Buffalo, deze heb ik bij stom toeval in Baltimore gevonden.

Groet,

Mathieu.

Standaard

Is er toen alleen maar die vleugel (die nu in het MLM staat) gevonden van die Glenn Martin, of lag de rest van het wrak er ook?

GR Felix
    Laatst gewijzigd door Roger Soupart ( R. I. P. ); 17 januari 2009 om 00:01

Standaard Remaing of ML-KNIL (and MLD) aircraft

There is still quite a bit around. Here is what I know of:
    1. Dornier Do-24: parts of a Do-24 (don't know which one) are used as a houseboat in the Murray River at Echuca, AUstralia
    2. TNI Satriamandala museum in Jakarta has the following:
    Douglas C-47 DT-991 (displayed as R-001)
    Noorduyn Harvard B-416(*)
    North Am Mitchell M-458(*)
    Piper Cub R-344(*)
    3. TNI-AU Museum in Yogyakarta has the following:
    Noorduyn Harvard B-427(*)
    Piper Cub R-371(*)
    4. TNI-AU base Kalijati has the following:
    Lockheed L-12 T-303
    Piper Cub R-370(*)
    5. Soesterberg has North Am Mitchell M-464.

(*) it is not confirmed these are the real article - Indonesian museums are good at not displaying 'the real thing'.

In addition there are some Ryan STMs around:
    S-16 was also acquired by the RAAF but did not receive a RAAF serial and was stored at Mascot. It was eventually sold on the civilian market and eventually found its way to the Netherlands where it is owned by the Stichting Koninklijke Luchtmacht Historische Vlucht as PH-STM.
    Aircraft S-21 remains airworthy (as per 2006) and was registered in the US as N8146 but displaying the markings of S-21. Other aircraft that remain airworthy (as per 2007) are S-22 (N17343), S-30 (N466WA) and S-40 (N7779). Some reference sources have also suggested that S-54 went to become N18923 and S-58 to N14911 although the FAA register links these registrations to Ryan with, resp. c/n 104 and 322, probably indicating that the ex MLD aircraft were used in repairing the original aircraft.

See also:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEI_aviation/

Standaard

Hei Jos,

Do you have any photos of the aircraft you mention in your post?

Regards,

Chris

Standaard ML-KNIL aircraft

I have atached a photo of the Lockheed 12 at Kalijati. This is the only one of which I am 100% sure of its ML-KNIL heritage. All the other aircraft I listed earlier are doubtful.
    Pictures of those aircraft are included in the NEI Aviation yahoo group I cited.
    Bijgevoegde afbeelding(e) Bijgevoegde afbeelding(e)  
    Laatst gewijzigd door Mathieu; 28 januari 2018 om 20:19

Standaard

Hoi,

Vandaag 2 foto's teruggevonden op mijn laptop van de resten van de Glenn Martin in het MLM

Today I found 2 photos back at my laptop of the remains of the Glenn Martin at the militairy aviation museum in the Netherlands.

Groet,

Mathieu.
    Bijgevoegde afbeelding(e) Bijgevoegde afbeelding(e)    
    Laatst gewijzigd door Mathieu; 28 januari 2018 om 20:20

Regels voor berichten