Pagina 2 van 3 EersteEerste 1 2 3 LaatsteLaatste
Weergegeven resultaten: 11 t/m 20 van 22

Discussie: DC-3 Bomber by Fokker

Standaard

Hei John,

Attached the list of instruments, as I don't know if you understand Dutch I made a translation in English.

2 pcs rpm indicator make Weston type 545
    2 pcs oilpressure indicator make Pioneer type 550B
    2 pcs oil temperature indicator make Weston type 606
    2 pcs altimeter make Kollsman type 178.01
    1 pce altimeter make Kollsman type 176.01
    1 pce turn & bank indicator make Pioneer type 385 B
    1 pce vertical speed indicator make Pioneer type ?
    1 pce airspeed indicator make Pioneer type 735
    2 pcs fuelpressure indicator make Pioneer type 751
    1 pce compass make Pioneer type 818
    2 pcs manifoldpressure indicator make Kollsman type 62.01
    2 pcs watches make Pioneer type Elgin
    2 pcs air temperature indicator make Weston type 602
    2 pcs scavence air temperature indicator make Weston type 606

The date on this report/ description is 18th of December 1935.

About the 2200 round, this should be the total number for the bomber, this was for 4 MG's

Best regards,

Mathieu.

circle-5 Guest

Standaard

Thank you Mathieu for another great historical document and for translating the instrument list. No, I do not read dutch, and I hope I understood this additional information correctly:

Bomb load: 1350kg / Fuel capacity: 3100 liters / Oil capacity: 260 liters total (for both engines?) located in the engine nacelles / Optional Sperry autopilot

What is the maroonistenruimte? And is there actually a toilet behind the bomb bay, or did I misunderstand?

I am truly grateful for these document scans and for your time. After this I will stop asking questions! With best wishes,

John

Standaard

The data you mention are correct. There is a toilet fitted behind the bombbay (didn't many planes have one?) and the marconistenruimte, that's the workarea for the sparky.

Standaard

Hei John,

G-1 reaper gave the answers already, but if you have any other question don't hesitate to ask!! But there is one more thing: at the nose of your model there is written "Douglas DC 3 bomber", as this project was a Fokker project and the model was built on order by Fokker I assume that there had been written "Fokker-Douglas" at the nose. At the photo you can see how it looked.

Best regrads,

Mathieu.

circle-5 Guest

Standaard

Thank you Mathieu and G-1 Reaper.

You are certainly correct, as all DC-3s sold by Fokker were indeed referred to as Fokker-Douglas aircraft. A lot can happen to a model in 74 years. The nose lettering (Douglas DC-3 Bomber) is very old and was painted by hand. Maybe the model traveled to the USA at some point and its Fokker origins were removed? In any case, it was returned to the Schiphol plant and kept in storage for decades. I am grateful that somebody pulled it out of the trash, and very happy that you gentlemen have found some original papers and drawings to document this little-known project.

I used to think it was the ugliest airplane in my collection, but now I really like it. Thanks again,

John

EHE Guest

Standaard Ombouw DC2 tot bommenwerper Fokker

Ik heb ook (grote) tekeningen van dit project, ze zijn genummerd en gedateerd, ook info m.b.t. de Zwitsere connectie.
    I have several drawings on this project by Fokker, numbered. Please contact me when interested.
    Laatst gewijzigd door EHE; 25 mei 2012 om 21:12

Standaard

Allereerst welkom EHE op dit forum.
    Het is natuurlijk hier geen Marktplaats, en dan ook nog zonder foto's!
    Had er gewoon wat opnames van de tekeningen bij gedaan, dan waren we hier heel gelukkig mee geweest.
    Dus dat u het hier probeer de verkopen is, volgens mij, geen probleem hoor.
    Maar wat verkoop u? .............. (Graag met grote foto's ;-)
    Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

EHE Guest

Standaard ombouwen

Dank voor je welkom. Ik heb een pakket tekeningen en correspondentie dat begin jaren '30 (1934) door Fokker toegestuurd werd aan een officier van de LVA. Blijkbaar was de LVA geinteresseerd geraakt in bommenwerpers (jaja). Er zitten 2 ontwerpen van Fokker bij, de (vroege) T5 en project 115 (zie daarover een ander draadje op dit forum). Daarnaast een aantal tekeningen van een om te bouwen DC2 (dus idd. geen DC3), waaronder een detailtekening van een draaibare geschutskoepel. Er zit ook een brief bij van een bedrijf uit Zwitserland, en prijsopgaven van het werk dat verricht moet worden om van een DC2 een bommenwerper te maken. In het pakket zitten ook tekeningen van verkeersvliegtuigen, o.a. van de F36.
    Ik wil het idd. verkopen, omdat ik dit soort zaken zelf niet verzamel. Het 'ombouwpakket' bied ik in z'n geheel aan, de tekeningen eventueel per stuk. Een verzamelaar heeft al een tekening van de F18 gekocht, schaal 1:50. Modelbouwers hebben belangstelling getoond. De tekeningen zijn voldoende gedetailleerd om in ieder geval de juiste afmetingen en verhoudingen te weten te komen. De meeste tekeningen zijn ca. 150*80cm. Wellicht dat ik hier nog foto's ga plaatsen, maar een serieuze gegadigde mag ook een kijkje komen nemen bij mij thuis (midden des lands), stuur maar een pm.

atticmanalan Guest

Standaard

I am the person who pulled the model'out of the trash'.Many years ago I placed an advertisment for old aircraft models in 'de Telegraaf' and recieved a reply from a scrap metal merchant in the town of Hoorn.He told me he had a DC 3 bomber model amongst his scrap zink. When I first saw it it was in a sorry state,missing one wing,undercarridge and both props.A while later I sold the model to my friend Sir George Cox in England who had it beautifully restored albeit with a wooden wing.Later he traded it with an American collector.The story of how it ended up in a scrapyard in derilict state ,i'm sure,will be far more interesting the having been found in a skip at Schiphol.......I only wish I knew what that story was.

Standaard

Hi Atticmanalan,

Beautifull story, you've done a great job by saving this model!!

Regards,

Mathieu.
    Als het regent in mei is april voorbij.